Backing up Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
My mac hard drive is full and my computer is running slow so I am going to start from scratch.

Can I create a Windows disk image and run bootcamp?

I bought this copy and had some difficulty getting it to activate.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I recommend using WinClone to backup your Boot Camp partition. However, if you intend to move or change hardware on your Mac, Windows may require activation again. If you only intend to reinstall on the same hardware you should be OK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Trust 'I bought this copy' does not apply to an illegal copy of Windows?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I intend to install on the same hardware.

Here's the issue. I bought a copy that Best Buy told me would activate. However I needed Microsoft to go into the registry and activate it.

In the future I'll download from Microsoft.

Thanks I'll buy Winclone.

Need to make a list of apps I didn't get from the app store. I guess that's what ADHD meds were invented for.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I bought a copy that Best Buy told me would activate. However I needed Microsoft to go into the registry and activate it.

Another "good deal" from the beloved Geek Squad. :\ Do those guy ever do anything right or do they just "wag" it?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another "good deal" from the beloved Geek Squad. :\ Do those guy ever do anything right or do they just "wag" it?

In Tuscaloosa they took some nude pictures an art student had of herself and posted them online.

Makes me feel better they didn't give me a job...hire clueless virgins who have never been arrested for public drunkenness....

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey I have another question...backing up apps. Microsoft word, etc. Would this be safe.

I don't have any security concerns, but if I did...would this be a safe thing to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No problem backing up but you may find Office and larger Adobe suites need reactivating after migrating.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How would I back up? Would it be better just to download the image from Microsoft and reactivate it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.