Connecting Arcam rdac to Imac

Reaction score
Hi
Need a bit of set up help please.

I have an arcam rdac connected to my imac via usb. This shows up in my list of audio devices in the 'Sound' menu in system preference.

I also have a pair of bose external speakers attached.

the problem being that I can only choose one of these as the output source. If I choose the bose speakers then the rdac is having no effect and if i choose the rdac as the output source then the theres no sound.

Im clearly doing something wrong just not sure what.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Are the speakers attached to the rdac? Or the headphone jack?

OP
M
Reaction score
Neither they are connected via usb with no audio input jacks available on the speaker hub so Ive come to the conclusion that this is a non starter. The speakers are computer specific so I dont think I can add my dac using these speakers

Reaction score
There's no way to connect the speakers to the rdac? It's my understanding that's how this works... digital audio output to a dac output to an amp/speakers.
Or are you trying to do something else?

Reaction score
Unless your Bose speakers have a built in amplifier you would need the Arcam rDac to connect using a stereo phono interconnect to a stereo amplifier which would then drive your speakers. Let me know what mode Bose speakers you have so I can be a bit more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.