• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone

D

DigitalN.

suprised no one posted this!

apparently there is an iPhone in the works, as www.iphone.org is registered to Apple.

edit: bah, Im an idiot. I didn't search. please delete...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
we have discussed this on the forums a while ago.. that has been registered to apple for years.

Reaction score
they dont have .com or .ca so i dont think so

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Apple Phone In August?
Saturday July 29, 2006 09:33 PM EST
Posted by longofest

Contrary to recent reports, Engadget says that Apple's rumored "iPhone" may appear as early as August.
A reader is reporting to us that a coworker's tech-unsavvy friend, who is regularly hired by Apple to do marketing photo shoots, was recently brought on to take some shots of "the sleekest, sexiest phone he's ever seen."

It has been well-established that Apple has been working on an Apple-branded phone for some time, however the release date has been difficult to pinpoint. Recently, various patents (1, 2) have been uncovered regarding Apple's cell phone technology and Peter Oppenheimer made comments during Apple's Q3 2006 conference call virtually acknowledging Apple's work on the product, stating "We're not sitting around doing nothing" with regard to cell phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
We'll see
I'm not holding up any hopes.

OP
J

jlbrew3

releasing a consumer product, especially an entirely new product, at a developers conference seems highly unlikely to me

we'll see tomorrow though won't we

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Yea I highly doubt apple is gonna release anything of that magnitude at WWDC. Maybe at mac world san fran but definately not WWDC. I wouldnt buy into these rumors because there is usually very little truth to all this speculation.

Reaction score
Macworld Paris. iMac G5 saw light of day there, so maybe new iPod or iPhone will too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
PowerBookG4 said:
we have discussed this on the forums a while ago.. that has been registered to apple for years.

Yup, years and years ago we talked about that. ha.. I know they've had it at least since 1999.

they usta own www.imammal.com (maybe it was www.mammals.org) too.. or something similar... (eitherway, i doubt they are coming out with a living mac :) so don't think to hard about www.iphone.com)

Reaction score
that would be the answer to my prayers. I'm so sick and tired of dealing with ridiculously horrible software from these cell phone companies. I currently have the Samsung a900 (Blade from Sprint). horrible horrible. I moved to samsung from Motorola and was really let down.

I've wanted Apple to support other technology for so long. I want to see TVs Phones Refrigerators Eye Glasses Toothbrushes Canopeners and the like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
If they produce a pda phone then Id be having one

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
i'd kill for an apple phone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
neonlaundry said:
that would be the answer to my prayers. I'm so sick and tired of dealing with ridiculously horrible software from these cell phone companies. I currently have the Samsung a900 (Blade from Sprint). horrible horrible. I moved to samsung from Motorola and was really let down.

I've wanted Apple to support other technology for so long. I want to see TVs Phones Refrigerators Eye Glasses Toothbrushes Canopeners and the like.

Apple and Ikea should hook up. Furniture by Ikea and electronics by Apple. Man my kitchen would look so much better :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.