Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hey Everyone,
I made a few avatar and case badges a few years ago in GIMP and uploaded them to my Picasa storage. They are mostly Linux themed, but some are not. But wanted to share them incase anyone here wants to use them.

Here is the link..https://picasaweb.google.com/112143380255367966525/CaseBadgesAndAvatars

Here is what a few look like..

EDIT: Since I made the move to Pixelmator. I will be redrawing new Avatars badges. I will also post the Pm source file when I do incase anyone wishes to customize there own.

TraditionalBubbleCaseBadge-LucidLynx-GOLD-BlackMetalic-200px.png

TraditionalBubbleCaseBadge-CreativeCommons-BlueMetalic-200px.png

LucidLynx-CaseAvatar-Radial-Blue.png

TraditionalBubbleCaseBadge-Tux-GreenMetalic-200px.png

TraditionalBubbleCaseBadge-TuxNovaRed.png

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Very nice!

Now we know who has artistic talent . . . :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Well done. Wish I had that kind of skill.

OP
Exodist
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Its really not that hard. Just learn what each tool does and what you can do with it. Then its all about getting used to using layers and adjusting their transparency. Many times it does help to get a picture or an object to set on your desk and look at as you try to draw it.

OP
Exodist
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As promised here is the new source file for Pixelmator with a few easy shapes. This template should help anyone get started who wants to make their own.. Few examples below..

Few Tips:
The source file is 200px by 200px. Which is much larger then any forum avatar I have ever seen. This is a good size for compressing the image down to what ever your forum allows. Use the Pixelmator to scale down and compress you final image and file size to get best results.
Also feel free to play around with the transparency settings to get the color brightness or contrast your looking for.
One last thing. Pixelmator makes your images appear bright while in the editing software, but when placed on a big bright forum such as this one, they will appear much darker. So play around with brighting your images in software much higher then you think would look good.

Just one more thing.. When editing in Pm, it helps to uncheck the view option on layers that you don't want moved when editing the files. If you do move something and have hard time putting it back in just the right spot, just Command Z the heck out of it until its back in order. Have fun..

Cheers, Joe

View attachment ForumAvatars.zip

ForumAvatar-GhostBlkMet.jpg

ForumAvatar-iMacBlueGlos.jpg

ForumAvatars-ButterFlyPinkMet.jpg

OP
Exodist
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Made some Transformers Avatars incase there are any fans here..
They are 100x100 pixel files, png format, about 22 to 26k each.
Below are 4 examples and the zip file congaing about 36 variations.

Enjoy!

TransformerAvatars-Autobot11.png

TransformerAvatars-Autobot4.png

TransformerAvatars-Deceptacon8.png

TransformerAvatars-Deceptacon11.png

View attachment Tranformer Avatars.zip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.