Using the iPad as a drawing tablet

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new mac user. I recently picked up a mac pro, and I have been wanting to connect my iPad to it so I can use it for drawing and artwork. What I would like to do is to have the iPad be like a second display so that I can easily draw on the iPad with the stylus, and use it for artwork in programs like flash and photoshop. I have searched the app store and found a few programs, but I'm not sure which one I should buy. I don't want to accidentally pay for something, but not have it compatible or something like that. Here are the specs:

Processor: 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR ECC
Graphics AMD FirePro D500 3072MB
Software OS X 10.9 (13A4023)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
Hello! If I remember clearly from an experience I had, if you buy an app, then find you don't like it, you can get a refund if you do it within 30 days. It wouldn't hurt to double check on how many days though, but I think I'm remembering that right.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no such thing as a 30 day refund period.

Here is an article about how to ask for a refund - but nothing is guaranteed since all purchases are "final".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - I also have an iPad Air.
There is no such thing as a 30 day refund period.

Here is an article about how to ask for a refund - but nothing is guaranteed since all purchases are "final".
Oh OK. I'm glad someone cleared that up, thanks. I did get a refund from the app store, that much I do recall for sure. In fact I did contact Apple, just don't remember exactly what they said, though they did say I could get the refund. I'll read your article, too. Whenever I'm not sure of something, I let people know, in case I am wrong.

Thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.