PHP problem

F

FancyPants

Hello,

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I finaly did. PHP is reporting NO errors. Syntax. Anything coming across stderr (including messages sent with die()). Nothing. I am using the latest php package from entropy.ch (I love that site). I've never had a problem like this before, but there you go.

If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, where there are error logs ( I can't find them for the life of me), if there is some option I need to turn on, or whatever, please let me know.

Peace,
Thomas

OP
F

FancyPants

Okay, I'm a dummy. I figured it out. It helps if display_errors is turned on in the php.ini file....

Anyway, I'm going to go and put my head in the ground for a while.

Peace

OP
D

dziner

php.ini

Where did you find the php.ini file? I've downloaded and installed the latest version of PHP on my G5 running Panther and I'm in the process of working through "PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites - by Larry Ullman" and I've run into a few problems already. I'm only on chapter 2 so I'm pretty lost. My php form handler isn;t displaying the content of the form. I posted to Larry's site and he said to edit some things in the php.ini file. I did a search and couldn't find it. I also went to System/Library/PHP/ and there is nothing there. So confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Go to your terminal and type "locate php.ini", hopefully that will show you where it is.

if that doesnt do it, then try looking in:

/usr/lib/
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/php/lib

It should be in one of those :)

OP
F

FancyPants

Murlyn said:
Go to your terminal and type "locate php.ini", hopefully that will show you where it is.

if that doesnt do it, then try looking in:

/usr/lib/
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/php/lib

It should be in one of those :)

You could also make a php file that contains only:

Code:
<?php

phpinfo();

?>

and go to that file in a browser (make sure the file is in the content dir for apache). It will tell you the location of the php.ini file.

Peace,
Me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
*rofl* oh yeah.. that's the easiest way *grin* No idea why that slipped my mind *rofl*

OP
D

dziner

It crossed my mind to read over that page and see if it said anything there. I have that page in my "sites" folder so I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.