music from tapes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes. I have a device called the iMic connected to my Mac and to my stereo. Then I use Final Vinyl software to capture the recording and import the music into iTunes. I'm still using OS 10.5.8 so I don't know if these things were developed for compatibility with Lion, et. al.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it possible to transfer music from cassette tapes to a mac mini?

It's not necessary to double post. The other exact same thread was deleted.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Is it possible to transfer music from cassette tapes to a mac mini?

Hi Jim - welcome to the forum! :) Believe that you have a duplicate post - hope that the mods will close or merge if posts are fragmented into different threads?

BUT - I was looking at the back on a Mac Mini (pic below) and see an 'Audio In' (assume a stereo port) - now this is likely for playing music from an external device to whatever speakers or headphones that are available - but would be curious if music coming in can be recorded onto the Mini's drive, imported into iTunes, and possibly converted to a lossy format, such as AAC or MP3 - be easy if so? Of course, from a cassette tape you'll have to do the conversion in 'real time' unlike ripping from a CD.

Also, you might want to tell us 'how many' tapes you want to convert, what format do you want to use (such as the lossy ones mentioned above), and what external equipment do you own at present to play these cassettes - answers to these questions might impact on what to suggest - good luck! Dave

Attachments

• features_hero_rearview_2x.jpg
    features_hero_rearview_2x.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
OP
J
Reaction score
Music from Cassette tapes to Mac mini

Thanks for the prompt response. I will give it a try asap.;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.