battery/power issues

Reaction score
I have a 2007 MacBook Pro that I upgraded to Snow Leopard..The machine was working flawlessly until I work on it for about 3 hours on battery to see what kind of time I could get and got called away to do something...Now, the machine will not turn on...Apple walked me through resetting the SMC a couple times but still nothing but a black screen...Even though I have an SSD drive, I should hear something when it attempts to start, I think...I asked if the machine should work even with a low/dead battery using he a/c adapter and he said it should, but it does not...Also, the battery had only one light lit, but when I plug in the a/c adapter, the light on the part that goes into the Mac is green, not amber like it is charging...I am still going to let it charge all day, but I really have no idea what to try next..This is my first Mac product, and it was working great...Any information to help me get the machine back would be much appreciated...

Harry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try another MagSafe Adapter if the charging cycle does not work. They do wear out after time and generally there is no symptom as the power light may remain green. And contrary to what Apple told you, a dead battery can keep the machine from turning on even if the Adapter Charger is new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.