printwindows app

Reaction score
I am trying to set up the print windows app so that I can print the list of files in a folder. I have downloaded the app"printwindows151.bin" and moved it to the applications folder from the Download folder. When I tried to use the app I got the message "Unable to expand 'Printwidows151.bin - Stuffit archives not supported'. I then downloaded a stuffit expander and tried again with the same result. I'm clearly out of my depth so I would appreciate some help. I am using OSX 10.9.1

Reaction score
Where exactly did you get this and is it a Mac app?
An easier way might be to open Terminal, cd to the directory you want to list and type
Code:
ls -la > filelist.txt
This will give you a text file with a list of files in that directory which you can edit or print.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to download the Mac application for "Print Window" not the Windows version or whatever it was you downloaded. You can download the Mac version from here. It's free and will print a file listing for you.

OP
K
Reaction score
I got it from the "Missing Cd" page at Missing Manuals for 'Mac OSX Lion' missing manual. It was included in several shareware apps.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nice find Craig. Looks like Softonic is getting sneaky.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks Craig, I will use the terminal as you suggested. Having read the references to Softonic, I'll stick to the App store from now on.

C

chas_m

As fond as I am of the Mac App Store, there are several other noteworthy download sites that every Mac owner should know about. The main one is MacUpdate.com, a great site with friendly admins. They offer a subscription "automatically keep everything updated" type service, but its not mandatory. They also offer great bargains and periodic bundle deals on software.

Another is Bodega, which takes a different approach. It's a free app that acts as a storefront for software buying (not unlike the Mac App Store, but also offers trials and demo versions). It also includes a free service to help keep your third-party apps up-to-date.

Reaction score
I hit Macupdate at least once a day for years now. I prefer it to the app store.
Used to hit Versiontracker but I don't care for it anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.