• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Streaming audio out of sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum.
Recently I have noticed that the audio is out of sync while watching steaming video on sites such as YouTube or BBC news.
This happens with both Firefox and Safari. Flash Player is up to date, as is OS X (Version 10.9.1.)
I Have an average download speed of 74Mb/s so don't think that's the problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my IMac specs
OS X version 10.9.1
27-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no single magic bullet fix.
For the sake of others that will also read this thread - Things to look at:

Internet connection too slow
local lan or wifi is too slow or too much traffic currently - other computers downloading or backups being performed or...
the server is being overwhelmed with too much traffic - nothing you can do except try it later
CPU/GPU too slow or is busy doing other things during the playback
not enough RAM
not enough free drive space &/or not enough free "contiguous" drive space

Things to try:
Quit the browser and all other apps and try again.
Reboot the computer
Try again at a later time

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.