PDA

View Full Version : "Apple iMac Simply the Best"

Badger
02-15-2006, 12:30 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060214/NEWS09/602140409/1122 - didn't we already know this?

kaidomac
02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I think Wendland nailed it when he said this:

Those thinking about replacing an older PC should look at these iMacs and consider dumping Windows, unless you are heavily invested because of work or special situations in PC games or proprietary programs for which there is no corresponding Apple version.

kaidomac
02-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Associated movie is located here:

http://media.freep.com/mw/imacbootup.mov

init6
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Somewhat interesting read, but doesn't anyone else have the word "fanboy" flying to the front of their minds while reading this article? For a "free press," that article read an Apple press release. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not dogging the new iMacs (****, I want one BAD), but that guy sounded neither "techie" nor "objective."

Just my two kopecks. ;)

*EDIT: "He_ll" is an edited word?!

kaidomac
02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Somewhat interesting read, but doesn't anyone else have the word "fanboy" flying to the front of their minds while reading this article? For a "free press," that article read an Apple press release. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not dogging the new iMacs (****, I want one BAD), but that guy sounded neither "techie" nor "objective."

Just my two kopecks. ;)

Yeah, but more consumer-fanboy than anything. Most people I show my G4 Cube to "ooh" and "ahh" over it. I'm sure I'll get even more compliments when my wife's new iMac Core Duo arrives. When I was in the Mac store, there were always people stopping by outside to say "wow those are cool" and stuff like that. I think if any normal PC user got ahold of a new Mac they'd be as thrilled as the author of the article ;)

timswim78
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM

Just my two kopecks. ;)

There seem to be very few objective people when it comes to Apple's products.

Techy people get so fired up on either side of the arguement, that it is almost comical.