• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

"Apple iMac Simply the Best"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I think Wendland nailed it when he said this:

Those thinking about replacing an older PC should look at these iMacs and consider dumping Windows, unless you are heavily invested because of work or special situations in PC games or proprietary programs for which there is no corresponding Apple version.

OP
I

init6

Somewhat interesting read, but doesn't anyone else have the word "fanboy" flying to the front of their minds while reading this article? For a "free press," that article read an Apple press release. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not dogging the new iMacs (****, I want one BAD), but that guy sounded neither "techie" nor "objective."

Just my two kopecks. ;)

*EDIT: "He_ll" is an edited word?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
init6 said:
Somewhat interesting read, but doesn't anyone else have the word "fanboy" flying to the front of their minds while reading this article? For a "free press," that article read an Apple press release. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not dogging the new iMacs (****, I want one BAD), but that guy sounded neither "techie" nor "objective."

Just my two kopecks. ;)

Yeah, but more consumer-fanboy than anything. Most people I show my G4 Cube to "ooh" and "ahh" over it. I'm sure I'll get even more compliments when my wife's new iMac Core Duo arrives. When I was in the Mac store, there were always people stopping by outside to say "wow those are cool" and stuff like that. I think if any normal PC user got ahold of a new Mac they'd be as thrilled as the author of the article ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
init6 said:

Just my two kopecks. ;)

There seem to be very few objective people when it comes to Apple's products.

Techy people get so fired up on either side of the arguement, that it is almost comical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.