Mac App Store

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am not exactly a newbie, my first computer was an Apple IIe and I have had an office full of macs since they came on the scene (we currently have six 27" imacs). I recently went to the apple store and bought a download of Lion. They sent me two emails, one with a password for the pdf contained in the other email. The pdf has the redemption code for the program. Ok so far. First email instructs me to go to the app store and click on "redeem" under "Quick Links".
I have an apple ID which gets me to the app store but I have been unable to locate anything resembling "quick links" or "redeem". I am assuming that there is a simple way, known only to those under 40, that would get me to where I need to be.
Help would be much appreciated...
Thanks up-front
Jim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open the Mac App Store. Now click on "Featured". Look to the right of the dialog that opens and you'll see another dialog toward the top that says "Quick Links". Under that you'll see the title "Redeem". From there you should be good to go. Let us know if you need more help with this. By the way, I'm over 40. ;)

OP
J
Reaction score
chscag, Thank you, but, I have, once again, for the umpteenth time, been all over the Apple site to no avail. I think maybe I'm missing a piece of this puzzle. Is the site not the store? Do I have to download the "Mac App Store" program?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...but, I have, once again, for the umpteenth time, been all over the Apple site to no avail. I think maybe I'm missing a piece of this puzzle. Is the site not the store? Do I have to download the "Mac App Store" program?

Just to make sure we aren't "chasing our tail" here. What OS version do you have installed?

I'm over 40 as well!;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok...that's good. 10.6.6 is the min. needed for the Mac App Store. For what it's worth...I purchased 10.7 Lion not that long ago (couple weeks)...and I had no troubles.:)

Got the two e-mails...followed the procedure...good to go.:)

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
So, then you're telling me that I do need to download the "store" program before I can get the lion?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, then you're telling me that I do need to download the "store" program before I can get the lion?

When 10.6.8 was installed...the Mac App Store program should have been automatically installed. If it's not in your "Dock"...then check your Applications folder. It should be called "App Store".

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Sure enough, it's in my Applications folder..... don't mean to seem so dense but.......

Thank you, thank you.......

Jim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure enough, it's in my Applications folder..... don't mean to seem so dense but.......

No problem!:) If this straightens things out...either way...let us know.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

You young guys under 40 are just harder to train, that's all. :p Glad you're on the right track now. Let us know if you need anything else. Have fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.