I need help

Reaction score
i have a quad core mac desktop that is acting really weird. When ever i boot it up it doesn't always display a picture. I know the monitor is good, i have checked for bad ram. i have checked the cable that goes to my video card. I don't know what it could be. Some times it works great and others no image. 8gigs of ram, dual core 3.0 xeons 2 of them
Any help would be greatly appriciated

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One thing you didn't mention is trying a different video card. Your video card could be failing.

- Nick

OP
Reaction score
help

i have a quad core mac desktop that is acting really weird. When ever i boot it up it doesn't always display a picture. I know the monitor is good, i have checked for bad ram. i have checked the cable that goes to my video card. I don't know what it could be. Some times it works great and others no image. 8gigs of ram, dual core 3.0 xeons 2 of them
Any help would be greatly appriciated

do you have any suggestions that wont break the bank?

OP
Reaction score
any ideas on a cheap card

i plan on selling it as soon as i get this fixed. I want to get some thing that will take the newer operating system.

OP
Reaction score
worth

i also need to find out what it worth roughly. It has 8gigs of ram, 750gig hard drive, and 2 super drives

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i plan on selling it as soon as i get this fixed. I want to get some thing that will take the newer operating system.

If we're talking one of the early Mac Pro's...about the least expensive video card is the stock card that came with them...which is the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT.

Of course remember that there's a good chance it could be the video card...but then there's also the chance it isn't. But to do the troubleshooting...you need a known good card.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i also need to find out what it worth roughly. It has 8gigs of ram, 750gig hard drive, and 2 super drives

Checking e-Bay is probably one of your best sources of used computers prices/values.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're welcome. Good luck.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.