New Mac user

Reaction score
Hi All,
My wife recently got herself a new iMac 27, when she saw me salivating over it she intimated that Santa had a surplus of MacBooks this year and one may find it's way into my stocking! :)
As a long time Windows user I'm sure to find this forum invaluable, so prepare to be bombarded with questions!
Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum. There's a great set of sticky posts at the top of the switchers forums. Worth a look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome to the forum. There's a great set of sticky posts at the top of the switchers forums. Worth a look.

Agreed! We have some very useful sticky topics for you to do a little preliminary research until your new Mac arrives. Once you play around with it, you'll surely have some questions and feel free to post about them. You'll find this is a very helpful and involved community.

Welcome. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Chris - welcome to the forum! :)

Switched from PCs myself in the spring (rMBPro in March & 22.5" iMac in May) - we are enjoying the experience - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Welcome, Chris. You've already helped me! I realize I need a bigger stocking!!;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes guys, I suppose it is an advantage having a few weeks to do my research before the little beauty arrives, toMACsh, hope you've got that bigger stocking organised and your letter off to Santa!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Welcome, Chris,

I am sure you will enjoy the forum.:D and your forthcoming Mac. Yes it may be a learning curve, but you should pick things up quickly as your good lady is a Mac user.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 black macbook 2.4/2/250 running 10.7.5,
you will really enjoy using an apple laptop, the best thing about apple is that they just work and work good without the constant screwing around with it like any windows machine. 3 years ago i never would have thought i would have been using any apple products let alone using ONLY apple computers until a friend of mine gave me a old g3 iMac to play with, 10 minutes of using it and it ran os x 10.4.11 which is tiger, i was hooked… even though it wasn't lightning fast, it was faster than my 2 year old hp desktop and my year old hp laptop. i gave away my hp desktop and immediately began searching cragslist for a reasonably priced apple laptop. found a g4 ibook for less than $100. and got rid of my hp laptop. now i have a 2009 mac mini, a 2008 black macbook and a 2006 iMac that i managed to get os x 10.7 lion working on it and it works reasonably well especially since os x lion is not supposed to run on a core duo processor only core 2 duo's and above. enjoy your new mac and forget about what you learned about windows and you will be just fine, you will find using the computer to be very pleasant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.