help me please, Mac-Forums email unsubscribe

Reaction score
someone please help me, mac forums has invaded my email in box and my life. how do I get out of this mess? someone please tell me how to get mac forums out of my life forever?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1. Click the Unsubscribe link available at the bottom of the email.

2. Click on the UserCP (Control Panel) link on the gray bar - top of every page.
In the side bar - under 'Settings and Options'
select 'Email Subscription Center'
click on 'Unsubscribe from all'

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Or, just change your email address to something invalid - it will do the same thing.

No one is spamming you, BTW.... spam implies UNSOLICITED commercial email. By signing up for this forum, you explicitly agreed to receive email communication from time to time.

M

MacInWin

And posting also subscribes you to that thread for at least the next post until you return to the thread.

C

chas_m

You can easily set your user profile to receive no (or very very few) email communications from Mac-Forums, but if you "subscribe" to a thread you are going to get emails every time someone posts in that thread. If that's not what you want, unsubscribed from the threads and don't hit that subscribe button any more.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For thread subscriptions, you can also head into your:

UserCP
Edit Options
Messaging and Notifications

There are several options for how often you wish to receive email notifications of your subcribed threads from immediately to no email notices at all or even select never subscribe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.