Powermac G5,whats it worth ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I have a powermac G5 Ghz1.6 with an apple 17" studio display.it has 4GB ram and 2x400GB hard drives. how much is it worth ?. if i was to keep the display and just sell the tower, whats the most i could get for it ? (...running tiger,latest updates, some software..dreamweaver,flash,final cut+logic express,iLife 06,office x.original disc's not included.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I don't think keeping that software on there is exactly legal...

but aside from that, I've seen similar computers going for $2300 or so on eBay. I would add $400 for the monitor. Just a guess given what I've seen.

Why are you selling?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
robbiemullen said:
I have a powermac G5 Ghz1.6 with an apple 17" studio display.it has 4GB ram and 2x400GB hard drives. how much is it worth ?. if i was to keep the display and just sell the tower, whats the most i could get for it ? (...running tiger,latest updates, some software..dreamweaver,flash,final cut+logic express,iLife 06,office x.original disc's not included.)

Best bet is to look on eBay. As soon as you buy a computer, it loses about half its value. From there it just keeps decreasing. My laptop model, the Gateway 7405gx, which has a 2ghz Athlon 64 processor, DVD burner, wifi, card reader, etc., is selling for less than $500 on eBay. A quick scan brought up a 1.6ghz G5 with 17" studio display and superdrive for $650. The dual 400gb hard drives and 4gb ram in your machine definately add some resale value, plus Apple machines have a higher resale value than PCs. I would estimate that you could get maybe $600, but that's just a guess. Good luck!

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ive seen some on ebay just the tower G5 Ghz1.8model that had badly damaged tower with no hard-drive , a 1gig ram going for around $950. id like to sell it and keep the display, i love my display, its one of the "old skool" displays with the white border.its a 17" but looks like a 19".
Main reason i want to sell is to get a mac book pro + use that until the Intel powermac G5 are released..any ideas ????

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone know when Apple are planning to release Intel G5 Powermacs ? :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.