i thought macs were at least good for music/movies?

Reaction score
I can cope with not gaming, but I'm trying to watch x files i have the dvds and when I put the dvd in the drive and open with the mac dvd player, it just sits there on the Screen and I try to go to dvd menu but it won't and there's nothing wrong with the dvd because it works fine on my windows computer and my other dvd players.

can anyone help? I'm starting to wonder if the price of looking cool is worth all the hassle I've had to deal with since day 1.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your Mac's optical drive may be defective or the lens is dirty. Try this first: Buy a can of compressed air at any store which sells them and blow a few short blasts into the drive opening. Perhaps that will get your optical drive working again.

OP
Sento
Reaction score
Your Mac's optical drive may be defective or the lens is dirty. Try this first: Buy a can of compressed air at any store which sells them and blow a few short blasts into the drive opening. Perhaps that will get your optical drive working again.

i did that but same problem, but i mean music Cds, installations etc all are working fine....

i downloaded VLC and with a lot of tweaking i can play the videos, but its pretty ridiculous i want the mac dvd player to work!

is it possible teh dvd's are too old for the computer to properly recognize?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.