• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

LCD display quandry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
so, i got my old lombard all taken apart. it's fried. I pulled out the hard drive to make an external so i could pull some docs off of it. I decided t ocontinue on and now have an LCD display with nothing happening with it. Is there any way I can use it as a second display for my computer or hook it up to a DVD player or anything? Its a powerbook g3 lombard's lcd display.

OP
macAttack
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
bump, anyone have any leads?

Reaction score
so, i got my old lombard all taken apart. it's fried. I pulled out the hard drive to make an external so i could pull some docs off of it. I decided t ocontinue on and now have an LCD display with nothing happening with it. Is there any way I can use it as a second display for my computer or hook it up to a DVD player or anything? Its a powerbook g3 lombard's lcd display.
Yes, you can take the LCD Screen (your old display screen) and if it still works when its removed look on the back for a model or serial number then go on amazon type that number in and add "LCD Control Board" They are super cheap (under $30) and allow you to connect your screen to a small LCD Board with common connections like HDMI, Audio, VGA, ETC. Then plug it into a power source and your options of running it with (RasPi, Second Screen, Smart Mirror, and more) Checkout a RasPi Zero W for about $10 and youll have yourself a PC desktop function that is about the size of a RAM card. LMK how it goes , or if u got Q's ... Peace

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

And thanks for replying to a "zombie" thread. :) Notice the date of the original post: Feb 2006.

But, we appreciate your answer anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.