address book

C

chas_m

So what happens when you start to type an address in a new email?

Have you moved or altered Contacts (as it is now called) from the Applications folder? Or Mail?

OP
S
Reaction score
So what happens when you start to type an address in a new email?

Have you moved or altered Contacts (as it is now called) from the Applications folder? Or Mail?

I've created a group email and given it a title in my address book. But when I click on the title, the group email will not fill in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Are you doing it this way:

Open Mail
Click on New Message,

in the New Message Window,
click on the Address button

An Address Book/Contacts window opens,
Find your group then drag and drop it into the "To:" slot in the New Message window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
Related I seem to have something similar. I use to be able to double click a contact in the address book and it would insert the address but since the mavericks upgrade I have to start typing the address before it will show. I was just sitting back thinking there would be a patch or is it possible that feature was eliminated?

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm using a macPro. Might gem, I have tried that. A friend who is very computer literate is thinking it might be a linking problem with the computer, but suggested I try this first. Should be straight forward. Click on 'to', the title of the group email, and it should appear in the address area?????? Or visa versa--still doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.