• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

anyone else prefer android phones to iphones?

Reaction score
I know this is a Mac forum and you guy don't like stuff thats too mainstream, and I love my macbook, I love the build quality, I love the interface, and how its less prone to viruses, and t's easy to use, efficient, and features a very friendly user interface. OS X is a completely different animal than Windows or Linux. Windows and Linux are both very good operating systems, but neither of them have the simplicity of OS X. there are far less OS X exploit viruses out there than Windows viruses. If you run a lot of programs that are Mac specific, and very few Windows apps, obviously having a Mac is your best bet.

also the programs are really neat Macs come with iLife, which is iPhoto, iMovie, Garage Band, iWeb, and iDVD. All of these are pretty decent programs. Windows does have Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, etc... but, many Windows computers also come with a lot of "junk" software as well. Most of the time, you are lucky if you get more than a 30-day trial with most software.

But I honestly LOVE my Google Nexus 4 over my Iphone 5

1. I love the keyboard
2. I love the customer launchers
3. I love the widgets
4. I love being able to play Emulator games without "jailbreaking" (I can do it on my nexus without rooting as well.)
5. I love being able to use phone as a mobile hotspot without "jailbreaking" (I can do it on my nexus without rooting as well.)
6. I love the call block features without "jailbreaking" (I can do it on my nexus without rooting as well.)
7. I love the google maps in android WAYYY more than iphone

Like I use straightalk with my phones and 45$/mo get unlimtied everything, but the iphone doesnt let you hotspot with straightalk unless u JB but the android does it so smoothly, and I hate how iphones are so dependant on itunes.

So does anyone else prefer android phones or do I have to use my iphone?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.