G5 or Intel iMAC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMAC Core Duo (20"/1gb/250/SD/BT/AP)
Good Evening to All-

I am getting ready to buy my first brand new Apple computer. I have decide to get a iMac and a MacBook Pro later this year. My guestion is, Is it best to get the G5 iMac or the Intel base iMAC? Mainly, I will be only using OSX 10.4.4 applications. However, this fall I will be using Microsoft Office intensely. By the way, does anyone know when Microsoft will roll out the next verison of office? Thanks in advance to your help! :)

RMT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano
I would go with the Intel iMac if you are buying it later this year. Soon Apple will be rolling out all the Universal programs so you will be safe with that. Apple signed something with M$ to say that they will be bringing out Office for a few more years and I think it will be coming out in the summer a few months before Vista.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dary-

Thanks for the response. It helped my final decison. I have just placed my order for a 20" Core Duo iMAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Z

zap2

one person had all that input on ur purchase! But i'd also got with the Core Duo

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Zap-

I am sorry if you got the impression that only ONE person had that much input on my purchase. I am multi-forumed! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.