sytem error -50

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.93Ghz Quad core Intel Zeon - ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB - 8gigs Ram - FCS2
Hi.
I am coming up with a system error -50 when attempting to bring in some large video files to my mac pro, osx 10.6.8. I tried opening the files in Quicktime Player 7 and exporting them to an internal drive using codec Pro Res. two of the smaller files (approx 75 gigs) exported fine, but the larger file (approx 128 gigs) although exporting okay, when opened up in FCP 6 sticks at 1 hour 37 mins of the 2hour 21min duration of the video file. Does anyone have any idea how to overcome this problem?
Many thanks, Alan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Read the following thread from the Apple Support Community forums. Although the thread is from 2010 it also describes and applies to what is happening with your large video file. LINK

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.93Ghz Quad core Intel Zeon - ATI Radeon HD4870 512MB - 8gigs Ram - FCS2
Thank you, read the thread, but not really helpful to me. I have since obtained the original files on a different external HD, and they came into my Mac without a hitch, so can only assume that there was a problem with the Lacie HD that I had been given in the first place. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your thoughts, Very much appreciated. Alan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.