Recommend better photo viewer?

P

Peppered

Hi,

I'm not thrilled with iPhoto and not being able to store folders within folders. It also feels kind of clumsy when viewing photos (I loved ACDSee on PC). Also, Adobe Bridge is overkill for simple everyday viewing and management. Any suggestions?

Thanks

OP
T

topshot

If you are wanting to view and order your photos in a folder structure so that you can view them that way, a suggestion might be as follows:

Create a folder called something like 'My Photos in folders'.

Under this folder you could create other folders such as 'My holiday photos' and 'My Work Photos'.

Then under these folders, you could create a smart folder that finds photos according to your set criteria such as 'Kind:photos', Keywords:Holiday, Created: Before april, After March, Folder:~/Photos.

This will create a list of all the photos that match this criteria. To create smart folders, Click FILE/New Smart Folder in the finder.

Also, if you mean folders as in within iPhoto, you can create folders in iPhoto by going File/New Folder and you can also have subfolders by draging folders within one another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In other words, iPhoto can place folders within folders.

There's also the Browser view in GraphicConverter, which browses your filesystem with previews.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.