how to do a mix

Reaction score
how do I do a extended version of a song

I am doing a idvd from iphoto using the song 100 years (anniversary , valentine gift) but I have over 60 pics and I want to make sure the song covers all of the pictures. I have audacity but I am not sure how to do it.
to do that, I used it for mp3, etc.

Has anyone perhaps put 2 songs together to cover all of the pictures in iphoto for idvd? The simpler the better, fix would be nice.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
There is also a setting in iDVD to fit slideshow to song..

OP
C
Reaction score
I actually tried that and it did not fit the song, it ended and there was like a 4 second delay.

OP
C
Reaction score
The goal is to have several songs (as in a mix)in a slideshow without the annoying pause. In Iphoto slideshow when I transfer it to Idvd, although I check audio to fit slide show, I always have too many photos to cover the whole version of the song, and there is a 4-8 second delay before the song start again which of course ruins the affects you want to create.

Please walk me through it, I have used audacity before for PC for Mp3 and I never used garageband- I assume those might be the programs to use, I dont now,

In audio, I am definitely a newbie, I just want the simpler way to do this. Appreciate any help.

TIA

OP
C
Reaction score
In doing more research, I guess that a bug in ilife 05 that was never fixed. The feature of fit song to slideshow doesnt work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
open the song up in a sound editor, and loop the chorus or something.

also one thread is fine.

OP
C
Reaction score
when you say open the song up in a sound editor, what exactly do you mean- do you mean drag the song to garageband, or can I do that in itunes. Forgive my ignorance in this subject.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.