• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Faith?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Well, this is an anything goes thread. So I don't want to debate "religion" - just wondering what kind of faith everyone has here?

Christian? Atheist? Muslim?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Christian..

but you forgot jewish in your origional post..
I love Judism, jewish people are so nice and I went over my girlfriends for hanukkah and i absolutly loved it.

OP
JeffreyLloyd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I didn't list every single faith out there ;)

But yeah, Jewish people are wonderful. Have met many wonderful Jewish people online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I'm Agnostic, but I lean towards athiesm. I like to keep an open mind, and be educated about all religions (I've read translations of the Bible, the Qur'an, The Tanakh, etc...). I like to respect all religions, and only get annoyed when someone attempts to "force" their religion on me.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "flame" thread, and that everyone respects the beliefs of others...

J

justinpfarrell

I am Bapist (Christian).

I am lean toward the liberal side when it comes to faith issues and politics.

OP
JeffreyLloyd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm Catholic for the record. (Probably could have guessed with the 'ave maria' sig ;)

I love my faith :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Im Catholic... just saying.. oh and Pater Noster (i think i spelled that correctly)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
FTR, I was raised Episcopalian, and I believe in God. That's about as much as I have figured out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
All of my family is Catholic so I guess I am too. But I don't really go to church and I'm definitely not orthodox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I'm sure PBG4 was only talking about the differences in culture... There is no doubt that certain cultures have different attitudes and lifestyles. He was only making a positive statement about a culture as it effects him personally... I think when political correctness gets in the way of a genuine personal compliment we may be taking it a bit too seriously.

I am a Christian... yet I am (from a racial standpoint) partially Jewish. My family is does practice some of the Jewish holidays out of respect for our heritage. I love the Jewish faith because it is something I hold dear to my past. However, that doesn't mean I have any less respect for anyone else's faith... and my love of Judism needn't be taken that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Alright guys, I censored the thread. If this is unacceptable move it to the PM's and this thread will be closed. Please, keep it mature and kind spirited. This is a very touchy subject and is difficult to keep light hearted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I am Roman Catholic and extremely well read in theology and biblical studies with historical context. Recently I've been delving into the area of Jewish-Christian relations and I may start abiding by several Jewish laws and customs relatively soon.

OP
JeffreyLloyd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Discerptor said:
I am Roman Catholic and extremely well read in theology and biblical studies with historical context. Recently I've been delving into the area of Jewish-Christian relations and I may start abiding by several Jewish laws and customs relatively soon.

Check out the book "The Hidden Pope." It's a great look at Pope John Paul II and the Christian relationship with Jewish people. It's a very touching book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Im christian also... baptist to be exact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
My WHOLE family is Catholic but I am Athiest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.