ONYX - cannot open

Reaction score
Ok, I have searched this site for possible clues but haven't seen any that elate to my problem.

My iMac is running slow.

This is my h/d:
Macintosh HD:

Available: 224.99 GB (224,991,965,184 bytes)
Capacity: 499.25 GB (499,248,103,424 bytes)

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB

I downloaded Onyx and when I open it I get "Onyx can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".

I got the link from this forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Did you download the correct version of Onyx for the Mac OS version your Mac is running (OS 10.9 = Mavericks)?

Did you download Onyx from this site (the developers site)?:

Titanium's Software • Index page

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OK, Go to the Onyx Icon and RIGHT click. If you have a Mac without a Right button, Hold Control and Left Click and click on Open. Say ok or yes to the question and Onyx will open. After that just normal clicking on it will open it.

Be sure also you downloaded the Right version for your version of OSX!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Nick, that is what happened with the latest Onyx right from Titanium. Had to right click one time on open.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I did load from the Titanium site with this indication: DOWNLOAD ONYX 2.8.1 FOR OS X 10.9 (MAVERICKS).

I get the same result when I right click, "Onyx can't be opened...."

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you Right Click and the menu comes up and you click open, you should get a requester with 2 choices. One will open it. I had that same issue here. I am not on my Mac or I would take a screen shot for you. Try it again and let us know what you see when you right click then click on open.

OP
J
Reaction score
When you Right Click and the menu comes up and you click open, you should get a requester with 2 choices. One will open it. I had that same issue here. Not on my Mac or I would take a screen shot for you.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am relative new to the Mac. Now, when I downloaded I got an icon to say drag and drop into Applications folder (or words similar). So, I was in 'finder' and dragged the Onyx icon into the Applications folder. In there I see the Onyx icon and that is what I am right clicking on.

Perhaps I have done something wrong here.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you open the DMG, and in that window that opens will be the Onyx application. Drag that into the Applications folder. Then in Applications, Right click on the Onyx Icon and click on Open and then the requester should show up. Clicking Open will not open it but give you a requester with 2 choices.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, you open the DMG, and in that window that opens will be the Onyx application. Drag that into the Applications folder. Then in Applications, Right click on the Onyx Icon and click on Open and then the requester should show up. Clicking Open will not open it but give you a requester with 2 choices.

Thanks very much. I have opened ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.