Missing features in Keynote 6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which version iOS, OSX or online?

Formatting and auto-shrink for what exactly?

OP
F
Reaction score
Missing features

I'm using Maverick on IMac and Macbook. Keynote 6 was released at same time. I cannot find the formatting button (similar to format painting key in Windows) and I cannot find the switch that automatically reduces font size as you shape text box. I also cannot find the "increase/decrease" buttons, although I know how to manually change font size to a particular size. Is there a way to customize menu bar to add these features.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry to sound obtuse but is it that you're looking for features that were in keynote 5 that you can't find in keynote 6?

OP
F
Reaction score
Missing features

Yes, that is correct. I cannot find all of the features that were in Keynote 5, in the new release.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please note that the latest version of iWork 11 has eliminated some features that were present in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. The Apple Community Discussion forum is loaded with feedback regarding the new version. Apple has decided to bring iWork 11 in line with the iOS versions. You can read about which features have been removed or changed on the MacWorld web site.

C

chas_m

However, if the features you're mentioning are not listed in the MW article, then they are still there -- probably just rearranged.

For example, formatting toolbars show up on the right side now, but only when some text or a graphic (respectively) are actually selected (ie, "contextual toolbars" as before, just in a different place).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.