Problem with an iSight camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Hi guys and guyesses,
I recently bought an old Apple iSight web cam to use alongside my Mac Mini computer. I have only just found time to set it up 'cos I had to wait for a firewire cable to be delivered. Anyway, this evening I found a spare hour so I went about setting it all up.
The image that the web cam produces is brilliant in every app that I have tried so far. That's the good news. The bad news is that the image is reversed. I've got an image of a keyboard to give you some idea of what I mean and I just hope that the image shows up.
So if anybody knows how to get me facing the right way round I'd very much appreciate any clues.
Cheers,
Steve.

Photo on 01-11-2013 at 23.11.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Great to hear that the iSight webcam is working.:)

As far as the reverse image...have you tried going into "System Preferences"...and seeing if there is a camera setting there that will adjust things?

It's possible if you have never seen one there before (before the camera was attached)...that maybe something "magically" pops up when a camera is attached to the Mac-Mini.;)

- Nick

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that info, Pigoo.
In the meantime, maybe it will help if I say that I am using the Maverick OS.
Cheers,
Steve.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nah, nothing so simple. The Preferences board stayed the same so there was no quick fix for my reversed image problem.
Cheers,
Steve.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.