• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Toast 7 Titanium DivX Question/Issue/Confusion???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Isn't Toast 7 Titanium supposed to convert and/or burn AVI movies onto a cd/DVD?

I'm a bit confused because Toast will not let me drag/drop/add an AVI file into the Video, DivX option. It keeps saying... "The file-name-here/movie.AVI" is in an unsupported format and cannot be imported.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Am I doing something wrong or am I misinterpreting the Toast options? What other options are available to complete the task that I'm trying to achieve?

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks all. And if you need more information to help me out, I'll give what I can.

A

ankushpatel

um yes...

hey,

yes the program is great, for ur question about avi format on it, i am not sure but you can just convert the avi using isquint a free converter program, after that isquint converts to mp4(mpeg 4) and i know then tht the toast program can to it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Great, Thanks for the info.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.