second printer

Reaction score
i have an imac desktop running OS X 10.6.8 with firefox. i want to connect a second printer. it is already wired in and i have the software disc. how do i get the imac to recognize this printer. Note that i am a COMPLETE NOVICE and every direction and "go to" must be explained in detail. Please respond at [email protected]

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try these directions. Your Mac may have drivers that are newer than the ones on the disc. If it is a combination printer/scanner there may be additional software that you may want on the disc.

If you can provide us with the manufacturer and model of printer we can be of more help.

OP
B
Reaction score
my second printer is hp psc 750. i know that this printer will print and copy but will not scan when connected to my imac (its too old). I can scan with my primary printer. in your instructions, you ask me to install the software for the second printer. when i put the disc into the computer will it install automatically or must i do something further? thank you for your response.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I don't have that printer to test this but I saw something on the HP site which says there were no OS X drivers beyond 10.5. Give this thread on their forum a read it offers a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.