Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice.I changed over from Windows/PC to a iMac desktop nearly two years ago and for financial reasons and because I basically hadn't a clue what I was doing,I kept on the PC just for software like Irfanview which I used as a sometimes artist to work on some source photos.However,as time passes I have less and less interest in using the PC which is by now vintage and slow and want to invest in Photoshop elements.Is there much of a difference in what 11 and 12 will provide.There is about €30 difference which will not be a deal breaker as such but no point in spending if I don't need it.Any suggestions and/or advice would be very welcome and I can get rid of the PC at last.I have a similar issue with some audio software but will ask about that in the relevant section.Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My opinion: With Adobe, it's best to go for the latest version but make sure it's compatible with Mavericks. As an alternative, have you checked out Pixelmator in the Mac App store?

OP
I
Reaction score
My opinion: With Adobe, it's best to go for the latest version but make sure it's compatible with Mavericks. As an alternative, have you checked out Pixelmator in the Mac App store?
Thanks chscag.Not knowing too much about either Adobe or Pixelmator,some other artists seem to think that Adobe might be a better bet but I really don't know.I will investigate further.Good point about compatibility with Mavericks...never thought of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 iMac I7 3.4, 1 TB Fusion, 2 gigs Video, 24 gigs Ram, Yosemite 10.10.2
I just installed Mavericks yesterday and I already have Photoshop 11 installed. So far, no problems. As for whats new for 12?, you can go to adobe.com and they give you a detailed listing of whats new. I'm not familiar with Pixelmator yet, but the mac app store has some very powerful software. I just purchased Snap Heal Pro in a bundle, I'm blown away on how well it works. I'm running a late 2012 27" iMac 3.4 with 8 gig of ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I'm not familiar with Pixelmator yet, but the mac app store has some very powerful software. I just purchased Snap Heal Pro in a bundle, I'm blown away on how well it works. I'm running a late 2012 27" iMac 3.4 with 8 gig of ram

Pixelmator FX .v3 is now a very powerful App and its n the Mac App Store. It recently got updated on the 22nd Oct and they have added Layers Styling, a full set of Liquifying Tools and a completely new image Editing Engine. Even the PS people are now looking at Pixelmator and for $30 how can you go wrong.
In version 2.2 they listened to us the customer and added support for CMYK colour for printing. Just download the trial from their site and give it a go for 30 days and if you like it, grab the full version from the MAS . . .

I also like Snapheal Pro as you can see from my thread i just wrote up yesterday and with the Plugin options to Aperture, PS CS6, Photoshop Elements it just adds more to it, and the whole new set of algorithms for doing what it does. Good choice :)
Did you get it in the Creative Kit - 20% off deal ?? Thats where i got it with Intensify and that alone is worth the price. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.