photo browser?

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I am brand new, both here on the forums, and to Mac. I just made the switch literally a day ago. Needless to say I am overwhelmed but have been playing around and have learned a ton of things already.

Ok - I am a blogger and use a lot of photos. In Windows I used Nikonview as my image browser (I think that's what you call it - I am not a technical person at all). All of my photos are in Nikonview, organized in folders, and I "rename" each photo that I am going to use on my blog. Now, with Mac, I need to find a good program (preferably free), that is somewhat similar.

When I go into Pictures, I see all my photos there as I have already uploaded them all, but I literally have thousands and it's hard to find anything.

I tried to play around with iphoto but can't even figure out how to import photos into it! And I can't seem to figure out how to create photos to organize them, etc.

Is there a good photo browser to download that would keep everything organized, where I can rename individual photos to upload onto my blog, etc? I'm really confused.

Thanks so much for any help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It really sounds like iPhoto is what you want. Since you say that you're having some issues figuring it out, take a look at some of the videos here.

OP
C
Reaction score
photo browser

Vansmith: Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. OK, I will definitely look at the videos and hopefully it's what I'm looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.