wireless joystick for new Mini

A

aric149

I just bought a 1.42GHZ Mini with 1gig ram, 80gig HD, superdrive and internal bluetooth/airport extreme (my first Mac).

I know its not a high end gaming machine but I'm going to try to run X-plane on it and was wondering what my options are for wireless joysticks that will work with a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
aric149 said:
I just bought a 1.42GHZ Mini with 1gig ram, 80gig HD, superdrive and internal bluetooth/airport extreme (my first Mac).

I know its not a high end gaming machine but I'm going to try to run X-plane on it and was wondering what my options are for wireless joysticks that will work with a Mac.

Congrats on your first Mac! Well, as always, you can't go wrong with Logitech. Their wireless joystick is very reasonably priced at $45 at Newegg.com. X-Plane should be playable on your Mini; the minimum requires for X-Plane 8.x are a G4 1ghz processor, 1gb ram, 10gb hard drive space, DVD drive, a 32mb video card with OpenGL support, a USB joystick, and a display resolution of 1024x768. It sounds like you have a great Mini already; I'd add a 7200rpm hard drive in the future to speed load times up (check out the Hitachi 7k100 series; runs about $200 for the 100gb version). OWC can do the installation for a price if you're not comfortable installing the hardware yourself. Anyways, good luck and let me know how this turns out! My dad runs it on his PC and I'd like to get him over to a Mini this year.

OP
A

aric149

X-planeworks good with the standards scenery level, but if you crank it up it starts bogging down.

Overall it plays good though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.