• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Cutaway in iMovie 09 Issue

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been working on a wedding highlight and it is finished however, I recently learned about cutaway and thought it would be fun to add a film burn effect to some clips. I followed a tutorial on how to add those effects and it worked however, when I play the video, the audio of my voiceovers have been lowered (to the point where I can barely hear it). I have checked and moved the volumes in the inspector but nothing changes. The underlying music that plays through the film is fine. I've closed iMovie multiple times and even restarted my computer to see if that will help but nothing I have tried has worked. Where I downloaded the film burns from was the same place the tutorial had suggested.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much!

C

chas_m

Sounds like "ducking" is turned on, and automatically lowers the audio of your voice so that the audio of the inserted clip can be heard. Just turn off ducking on the clip and you should be good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.