Wacom Tablet Issues

Reaction score
My tablet pen has been on and off ceasing to register pen movement. When I press the pen onto the tablet surface, the light turns green but I can't move the mouse with it, and I can't click anything. This has happened multiple times in the past. For a while all I had to do was reinstall the driver and it would work fine again. After a while I ended up having to remove the software with the Wacom Utility first and then reinstall the driver after restarting my mac and unplugging the tablet. Now, nothing I do is working and it simply won't register the pen. I even tried changing the tip. Is there anything else I can try? How can I make it work? I've only had this particular tablet for a few months but I've had two before it and neither gave me this much trouble.

At this point I don't know if it's a problem with the tablet or the Mac because I got both around the same time. I am using a MacBook with 10.6.8 installed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
At this point I don't know if it's a problem with the tablet or the Mac because I got both around the same time. I am using a MacBook with 10.6.8 installed.

The only way you're going to find out is either use another tablet with the MacBook or test the Wacom tablet on another Mac.

OP
L
Reaction score
The only way you're going to find out is either use another tablet with the MacBook or test the Wacom tablet on another Mac.

Well, I have tried the tablet on another mac, and it was fine after I downloaded the driver. ...I don't have another tablet to try on my current mac, but honestly I'm already pretty sure it's a problem with the driver. This has happened multiple times, as stated, and the only way I've fixed it in the past was by messing around with the driver software. It's just that this time, nothing at all is working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.