• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPod with iChat

Reaction score
What do you think of an iPod with iChat? An ipod phone would be a stretch but, I think this would be a hit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
farmcock said:
What do you think of an iPod with iChat? An ipod phone would be a stretch but, I think this would be a hit.
I can't see the wheel and buttons being used to type out words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
the next ipod will have a touch screen that will have a wheel apear when the screen is touched, so if they wanted to through a keyboard function in there then they could but the next ipods will not have wireless capability and i don't think they ever would, i would love to have ichat on my ipod but I would not be willing to pay for a service I don' think to have internet on my ipod for that purpose only.

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
Seems kind of redundant with cell phones out and all...

Reaction score
It would be neat if it was more like a psp (large screen) If there was a touch screen, then it would need to be alot bigger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
the next iPOd will have built in blue tooth for wireless headphones
It will also have the ability to connect to the internet so you can buy things from itunes on the go

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Greenredfield said:
the next iPOd will have built in blue tooth for wireless headphones
It will also have the ability to connect to the internet so you can buy things from itunes on the go

I heard it would not have connection to the internet. What are your sources?
I think it would be cool to download songs on the go. What kind of service would you need to get iTMS on your ipod, would it just be the price of a song that pays for the service, will there be a surcharge, or would it be a monthly fee. If its a monthly fee it would be cool if it was free to .Mac members or the possibility to add the service to your .Mac account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Yeah powerbook, they ipod's chip maker has made new ones with bluetooth and wifi...it was on engadget or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Are you ****ing kidding me? What happend to my MP3 player? Someone needs to tell DAP makers that they are making just that: Digital Audio Players...

Reaction score
Apple will keep the iPod a media player.

I doubt people would want to phone with it. A GSM module in there would just pump it up half an inch, and i doubt they'll ever make the ipod thicker.

The next ipod will probably have that touch thing gong on, seeing their patents and all, but they'll keep it to a holder for music-store items. They probably won't even let you play DivX as yet, which might be a minus for them.

Reaction score
i heard that apple might buy palm to add stuff to the ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
EDIT-XTREEM said:
i heard that apple might buy palm to add stuff to the ipod.

Newton anyone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If apple bought palm that would be amazing..

S

steve zissou

if you feel like ichatting someone that bad, theres a problem. just take out your phone and CALL them.

cpt. zissou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
this society is so anti phone now.. the only person i talked to on the phone was my girlfriend.. but now since i don't have a girlfriend any more, i just text message everybody.. never pick up the phone and talk to somebody unless i am driving and can't text while driving.. nobody talks on the phone any more.. i guess its a shame but its the way it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.