LAN to USB Connection Trouble ~ Macbook Pro Retina

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using a LAN to USB adapter for my retina macbook for about a month. It has been working perfectly fine and I was able to connect to the internet with no problem. However, just recently, I have not been able to use the internet even though the USB Ethernet connection will be green and show the IP address and everything, but I cannot use the internet.

I have tried deleting all of the networks, re-adding them, hitting the re-new button, doing a diagnostics test, starting my computer in safe mode, and basically any other suggestion that someone has put out there regarding this/similar issues. I'm really not sure what the problem could be. I'm not that computer-savvy and don't exactly know what to do when it comes to re-configuring things.

When I open chrome, it comes up with a list of 5 things I should do (DNS, Chrome Settings, Service Provider, etc.) but, nothing seems to work.

I'm positive that it isn't the LAN cable or the USB adapter (since the lights are still flashing green). Any ideas? I'm not sure why it suddenly changed to where it would recognize the connection (green light), but not actually be able to connect. :/

If anyone has an idea, please let me know! Thank you so much.

OTZ

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about telling us which USB to LAN adapter you're using and the location you're using it from?

Also, have you tried using your MBP from another type of connection (ethernet, wireless) to make sure that the trouble was not internal?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.