Staff changes

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It is with a heavy heart, but the warmest regards that I'd like to announce the retirement of our longest-standing forum administrator, iWhat.

iWhat has served the Mac-Forums community well, both as a moderator and later, an admin. In that time, he has helped guide the continued evolution of the forum, despite a heavy academic load. In particular, iWhat has invested his time in promoting Mac-Forums in the social media space, keeping our Facebook and Twitter presence fresh, as well as maintaining our news bot, 'OneMoreThing'.

On a personal note, I will greatly miss iWhat's unique wit and sense of humor in curating the forums. I am particularly grateful for his wisdom and guidance in keeping the forum running on an even keel when we lost our community leader, Schweb back in August of 2011.

I know I speak for all of us when I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Though he will not be able to commit the kind of time he once did, he has already said that he hopes to be able to return from time to time to join in community events and discussions.

Please join me in wishing him well.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It is with a heavy heart, but the warmest regards that I'd like to announce the retirement of our longest-standing forum administrator, iWhat.

I know I speak for all of us when I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. Though he will not be able to commit the kind of time he once did, he has already said that he hopes to be able to return from time to time to join in community events and discussions.

Please join me in wishing him well.

Thanks for all the hard work. I think its safe to say you've played a big part in building a community we can be proud of.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Agreed. Although I wasn't privy to the building process as Mac-Forums grew, I've certainly reaped the benefits of his (and others) hard work.

As cwa107 said, best of luck with everything life throws at you and makes possible.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I wish him well. I remember his personal mail to me some years ago when he invited me to become a moderator of this great forum. I know he's busy with other things and am looking forward to his visiting us once in awhile.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Best wishes in the challenges ahead iWhat. Stay in touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You'll be missed iWhat, but I hope you enjoy your retirement from the forums

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will always consider iWhat a good friend. When I first joined Mac Forums him and Schweb both made me feel so welcome, that was the main reason I stuck around the forums and made it my Internet home.

If you see this Justin, thank you and good luck in the future. I know you will do well in whatever you do. I will miss you here greatly as I do Bryan.

Take care my friend.

....Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Best of luck iWhat! See you around the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Best of luck!

M

MacInWin

I don't know iWHat, but if he helped build this place, then he did a good thing! Thanks, iWhat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well iWhat i do know of the hard work put in, and yes you did hold this place together when our leader went to a better place, so good luck in the future man, and i think i still have you in my MF G+ Circle :)
Stay happy, keep smiling, and im sure we will see you back at times of great importance to the Mac community as a whole :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Justin, best of luck in future endeavors.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
iWhat (Justin)...good luck with all those future challenges...I know that you're working hard to achieve your goals.

Please stop by often...definitely appreciate your humor!:)

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There were times Justin in IRC chat and on the forums made laugh so hard I almost died. He really has a sense of humor which I will greatly miss here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
iWhat?

iWhat?

(Some owls aren't that wise...) < you have to watch TV to get that

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Thank you guys so much for the thoughtful comments. You guys are the best!

I remember back in 2003 getting my first Apple computer, the iBook. My family thought I was crazy for wanting anything from Apple at the time. I knew their products offered an innovative experience like no other. I bookmarked a ton of Apple websites learning as much as I could about my new love for the company and the products it designed.

I was a lurker on the forums for almost a year starting in 2003. As time passed, I signed up to Mac-forums not expecting much. But I kept posting, learning, and helping others with the newfound knowledge that members enlightened me with. I joined the IRC chatroom on boring weekends making online friends with the staff and the members of Mac-forums. After a while I was hooked and invested all the time I had. Then I was extended a position on the staff. Later on, I was invited to the Leadership Conference hosted by iNET Interactive where I met schweb for the first time. We ended up becoming really good friends outside of the forum and I got to meet the people apart of his life. I became an admin thereafter and invested as much time as I could in improving the community.

Lately, I've been very busy and my presence on the forums has been very limited. I just finished a summer semester in Germany studying abroad and I'm a year away from finishing up my degree. It's time for me to complete the Mac-forums chapter and free up a spot so more fresh ideas can improve Mac-forums.

Thank you to the veterans (Senior Members) and the community for making what Mac-forums is today. The culture of the forum is like no other. I still will continue to be apart of the community and stick around. That's something that I'll never give up. I'll be a regular member just like the good ol' days.

I'd like to thank all the staff. You guys were amazing to work with. During projects and major decisions, you guys always wowed with the person knowledge, the know-how, and the ideas you guys had for Mac-forums. I look forward to seeing what Mac-forums has to offer in the future.

Mac-forums has to be one of the best online communities I have ever encountered. The forum definitely has its own chapter in my life. Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
2003?

Struth iWhat you were an old convert!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Good luck for what the future holds chap. You were certainly one of many welcoming members when I joined. You've helped build the best forum community I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Good luck and thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.