Ibook heaven

Reaction score
So I picked up a fixer-upper ibook that I was intending to sell...

Needless to say, I'm not selling it! The PC is going instead :p

it's pretty well equipped, too... considering the age.

ibook 600
640mb RAM
30gb HDD
airport
panther

How much can I get the video out dongle for, and does it output for VGA? I have a 17" LCD display I'd still like to use.

Also, will any IDE compatible optical drive work as long as I swap the faceplate and caddy? I've done this with other lappy's and it has worked fine.

Though I may just get an external CD burner...

Also, is there any way to get quartz extreme to work with an R6? I don't see why HW accelerated desktop functions would need a radeon or geforce.
Or is an R6 a radeon? gah, I wish they'd just refer to them by the product name...

also, I have a USB mouse that I much prefer to the touchpad because of the wheel and the extra mouse buttons, but it doesn't always like to be detected whereas other usb devices work fine. Any input here? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
doesnt it have the multifinction output on the side? (small rectangle) if so you just need the adapter

yup the HDD is a standard piece of kit dont think that they were ATA on the iBooks that old

No idea what you on about, sorry

you sure that your mouse is not on the fritz? also try another mouse if you can to confirm it as everything else is working fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.