MacBook Pro and printer won't play nice HELP?

Reaction score
Just replaced my MacBook with a MacBook Pro (NICE!) I also have an iMac that has my HP C310 Photo Smart Printer connected to it.

Fired up the new laptop and it immediately was finding and accessing the printer YAY right?

I run an on-line business and am constantly printing off orders (from laptop) that come in. My PROBLEM is that I am not given ANY options for printing preferences, everything prints off in full color which I do NOT need (price wise - ink considered)

The options are given to me on the iMac I expect this since it is literally connected to it. However, on my old MacBook that I had just a few days ago the options all came up when I went to print (connected wirelessly as the new MBP is. )

Any thoughts? I have tried clicking anything possible within the print screen and it basically tells me what I am doing not giving any options for changing it to the basic black/greyscale that I need.

Thanks in advance

iMac osx 10.7.5
MacBookPro with Retina

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless the driver for your HP Photo Smart is current for Mountain Lion you might not have all the options that you previously had when running from the MacBook. Try going to the HP web site and check to see if there is an updated driver for Mountain Lion.

(The printer driver contains what options are available.) Also some advice... if you run an on line business where the majority of your printing is in BW, you might want to consider purchasing an inexpensive Laser printer.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks I'll do some checking ..

just to be clear though .. the printer is connected to the iMac and ON the iMac the printer options are all made available each time I go to print.

The MBP is connected wirelessly and it only comes up with a 'preset' preset options screen that I can make no choices on.

thanks again

OP
M
Reaction score
Well it took some fiddling .. both machines said it needed no update .. so what I did was this ....

removed the printer from the wirelessly connected MBP and then added it again letting it search for it .. once it did and I went to add it it said there were updates .. of course I said yes while crossing my fingers .. then all options were back when I went to print ..

its the little things that bring JOY !

thanks so much

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for posting back. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.