Thinking about switching...

G

Greenslice

Hey all, I have seriously been thinking about ditching the old PC and getting a mac mini. The only obstacle that I am facing is that I just bought Photoshop CS2 a few months ago. I know that there are two versions for both mac and pc and the only way I think I can do this is if I download the free trial for mac and input the serial off the windows package.

I searched on this topic but the only thread I found said that there is a way you can mail in your own discs but I really want to also keep this on my pc since my family likes to use it aswell. Thanks in advance!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will not be able to use the serial number from the PC version on the Apple version. You will need to purchase another license copy, if you want it to run on your Apple system.

OP
G

Greenslice

rman said:
You will not be able to use the serial number from the PC version on the Apple version. You will need to purchase another license copy, if you want it to run on your Apple system.

Thank you for the information. :)

OP
A

atforce

Also, unlike the windows trial version you cant plug in keys into adobe applications on the trial version, they are a very suphisticated organization. They also take as many safety precatuions from people who get it for free, since photoshop is the most warezed program on the market..

Reaction score
IMHO, you should try contacting Adobe. Depending on how long ago this was (few months you say), they might just crossgrade it as a customer favor. Not likely, but also not impossible. Really depends on who you get on the phone.
Trouble is they can't prove you've not already spread their copy all over the place.

That's all ther is to it. But let me tell you one thing: Buying a mac is the most productive choice of your life. Don't dangle a copy of CS2 above your decision. There's always a solution ;-)

OP
T

Tiranis

I believe they can just crossgrade you—you'll have to ship them your CS2 and pay $20 (or whatever it is, can't remember now), in return you'll receive a CS2 for Mac.

Does your family really need the whole big package that Photoshop is? Maybe they would be OK with Photoshop Elements? It's not that expensive (well, at least compared to full Photoshop) and it does quite a lot of stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.