Best USB to use for photo storage

Reaction score
Hi,

I love taking photos of family and everything else. My only problem is the volume that is now on my computer. I recently got a new iMac in December and since then I have over 10,000 photos in iPhoto. (my ther pics also transferred to this computer too.) Since I can no longer put them on a disc..what large size USB do you recommend ? I don't mind buying serval because I will continue to be taking photos for years to come.:) I would like something that save at least a 900 - 1000 at a time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Large capacity external hard drives are inexpensive. You can probably buy several of at least 1 to 2 TB in size for around $50 or $60 each. Any good quality external hard drive should suffice.

HINT: Always make a backup of your valuable photos. Software such as Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper can clone one hard drive to another very quickly and provides an excellent way to backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.