I can't watch Neflix on my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Bianca and I've been a PC user since... Windows 98 XD. Now, I've been a proud Mac user for about a week. Needless to say, its quite an adjustment! But I'm getting the hang of it!

However, there's one thing that I still can't seem to get started. That's watching Netflix on my computer. The problem was to download Silverlight, which I did. Then, I thought the problem would be over. But Netflix then told me there was a problem and that I needed to uninstall it and reinstall it. And I did! But it still won't let me so I'm just watching Netflix on my iPhone 5 :/

Help??

I have a 13-in LED backlit widescreen notebook Model No. 1278

THANKS!

Reaction score
Which browser are you using to try to stream Netflix?

Reaction score
Have you tried re-downloading it off the Microsoft Silverlight website instead off of the Netflix website? That might help. I would open Finder -> Downloads -> (Find the Silverlight download) -> Move it to the trash -> right click on trash and empty it.

Now open this website with SAFARI. This is the Microsoft Silverlight official website.
Get Silverlight | Microsoft Silverlight
Quit out of Safari THEN Finder -> Downloads -> Open the silverlight download -> install it
head over to netflix and try it out

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Along with what version of OS X the machine is running and which version of Silverlight you installed.

Reaction score
We had the same issues, then changed the browser and everything was fine after!. Which browser are you using?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@mistress_tech:

Please observe the date of the original post. You've now posted to several outdated threads which will likely not yield a response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.