Should I wait for the new Macbook Pros to come out?

Reaction score
I leave for college in about two weeks and I really want to get a Macbook Pro before I leave, but I've been advised by some to wait until the new Macbook Pros come out. I don't want to deal with transferring files, getting comfortable with macs, etc., when I'm trying to settle in. But if you guys say it's worthwhile, I'll wait. What do you think?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new MacBook Pros are expected sometime this Fall and that's only speculation because Apple does not announce refreshes ahead of time. And since we really have no idea of what advancements the new models will have, if you need a MacBook Pro now for school, it may be best to buy a current model.

The rumors are the new MacBook Pros will have the Intel Haswell chipset along with the newer GPU, the HD 5000. (Same as the current MacBook Air machines have.) That means a longer battery life and faster graphics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
It really depends on what you need in a computer. If you are studying photography then waiting would be worthwhile. For almost all other uses the current MacBook Pros are plenty fast.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But if you guys say it's worthwhile, I'll wait. What do you think?

The only way to know 100%...is to wait until new MacBook Pro's are released. Apple almost never announces the specs & prices of upcoming new models...so we don't know what the new models have until they are actually released.

Changes could be minor (just a cpu "speed-bump")...or major (a new cpu model, new gpu, new design, etc.). We just don't know until the new models are released.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.