i pod shuffle

Reaction score
does anyone know if it is possible to delete songs on a i-pod shuffle,and if so steps to do it

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All management of content on iOS devices (apart from deleting phones on devices that support) is done in iTunes and the changes are sync'ed over. You cannot do them directly on the device..

C

chas_m

Loathe as I am to correct Ashwin, that's not accurate. What he said is exactly correct for the iPod Shuffle, but I can and indeed do delete artists, albums and songs directly on my iPad and iPhone, which are of course running iOS like the iPod Touch. I'm not aware if you can delete songs etc directly on any iPod running the iPod OS, which isn't the same as iOS.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hmm..this is something ill have to try..:) I know on my latest gen iPod nano it isn't possible, but I don't sync music to my iPad or iPhone so a guess on my part..

However, I can't delete videos off my iPad that are synced but songs can be? Interesting...

C

chas_m

Ash:

You can delete videos off your iPad. When you are looking at your collection of "movies" or "TV shows," there is an edit button at the top right. It will be obvious what to do from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.