Unable to locate downloaded app

Reaction score
I'm a new Mac user with a Mac Mini (10.8.4). I downloaded MagiCal (both the Intel version and the Universal version), but I can't find them. (It's a clock/calendar app). I restarted my computer. I went to Downloads and tried to Move to Trash, but I can't because they are supposedly open. Can you help me find them? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, the Universal version will not work with Mountain Lion because it contains PPC code. The Intel version, however, should work as the author states. MagiCal should have downloaded to whatever you have your browser setup for a download folder. Check your browser's options to see what you have setup for a download folder. By default, Safari will download to your "Downloads" folder. Chrome and Opera likewise. I don't use Firefox but I suspect its default is the same.

If you still can't find where it's at, use your Spotlight Search feature. (Magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your top menu.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Finder in the Dock (the back to front face), select Downloads and see if it is there.

C

chas_m

Jeff indicates in his post that he's already found the downloads -- in his downloads folder, precisely where they are supposed to be. I suspect that what he might have done is opened the programs from the disk image and they are still open -- which would explain why he can't trash the disk images.

This may help: Installing Applications in Mac OS X - Mac Guides

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.