Digital Asset Management for EPS

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on a method for cataloging my digital assets. I really like Aperture -- the speed, UI, tagging, etc. work really well for me. All the editing capabilities built in are a bonus. However, in addition to stock photos, I also have a relatively large vector image collection in .eps format. From what I can tell, Aperture does not support the eps file type. I played with Lightroom a bit, but do not like it's UI at all, and it also does not appear to support eps files.

I've tried a bunch of different apps, including Bridge, StockKeeper, Pixa, Sparkbox, and LittleSnapper, all of which have some unique and very nice features, and some which support eps, but none of them appear to have the clean UI, features, or tagging/searching capabilities of Aperture. I need to play a bit more with Adobe Bridge, as I'm not familiar enough with it. However, I'm not a huge fan of Adobe's UI in general.

Therefore, here are some of the options I am pondering:
1) Use Aperture for my own photos and stock photos and use one of the other apps to manage my vector library.
2) Convert all eps files to pdf so they can be tagged and searched in Aperture, but keep the original eps files so I can go back to them.
3) Use Adobe Bridge. Still have to ponder this a bit more.
4) Keep looking for the "perfect app".

I figure there must be some designers/developers out there that manage more than just jpg files. Wondering if anyone would share their approach to managing files of other formats (eps, svg, pdf, ai, fonts, styles, etc.). Everything I search up seems to be related strictly to photographers. Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Digital Asset Management for EPS and Photos

I'm trying to decide on a method for cataloging my digital assets. I really like Aperture -- the speed, UI, tagging, etc. work really well for me. All the editing capabilities built in are a bonus. However, in addition to stock photos, I also have a relatively large vector image collection in .eps format. From what I can tell, Aperture does not support the eps file type. I played with Lightroom a bit, but do not like it's UI at all, and it also does not appear to support eps files.

I've tried a bunch of different apps, including Bridge, StockKeeper, Pixa, Sparkbox, and LittleSnapper, all of which have some unique and very nice features, and some which support eps, but none of them appear to have the clean UI, features, or tagging/searching capabilities of Aperture. I need to play a bit more with Adobe Bridge, as I'm not familiar enough with it. However, I'm not a huge fan of Adobe's UI in general.

Therefore, here are some of the options I am pondering:
1) Use Aperture for my own photos and stock photos and use one of the other apps to manage my vector library.
2) Convert all eps files to pdf so they can be tagged and searched in Aperture, but keep the original eps files so I can go back to them.
3) Use Adobe Bridge. Still have to ponder this a bit more.
4) Keep looking for the "perfect app".

I figure there must be some designers/developers out there that manage more than just jpg files. Wondering if anyone would share their approach to managing files of other formats (eps, svg, pdf, ai, fonts, styles, etc.). Everything I search up seems to be related strictly to photographers. Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

Just wondering if you ever found the 'right' software - my needs are the same as yours but I'm a 'semi-retired' graphic designer and don't need anything fancy - just something that will let me store and preview photos (in any format). eps and other vector forms, etc. I used to have something many moons ago that did the trick but I don't recall the name of the software and I think, by now, that they've likely gone out of business anyway.

Pop back and let me know if you've found anything, please? I'm striking out Googling. I do have a Creative Cloud account but I don't believe that Bridge will do vector artwork and is not really what's needed for digital asset management.

Thanks,

Clinton

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.