Low Photo Resolution upon Transfer to MacBook

Reaction score
Why are my digital photos being transferred to my MacBook computer at a low resolution setting? My earlier transfers from the same memory card where fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Hmrd - you may need to provide some additional information: 1) What is (are) the size of the photos on your memory card (assume this is the camera's card)? 2) Are you transferring the photos in the same manner (assume into you 'Home' Pictures folder)? and 3) How are you viewing the images on your computer? Just trying to determine if first the photos on the memory card are of different sizes and/or that their transfer/viewing have not changed between your early & later transfers? Good luck - Dave :)

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your interest in my problem. I don't know how to answer your questions, so I've decided that the resolution setting must have been changed in my camera, so I'm just making my photobook with smaller photos to compensate for the loss of resolution. Hmrd

Hi Hmrd - well, w/ the camera's card in place, you should be able to view the specifics of the images on the card w/ the menu options of the camera, and also determine if the 'default' resolution may have been reset to a lower level.

Once the images are on your computer, there are multiple options to view their details, e.g. with the image selected, bring up the drop-down menu and select 'Get Info' or just hit CMD-I for image information; also, if you open an image in 'Preview' and select 'Edit' (far right menu option), then a 'Resize' choice will provide the pixel resolution. Not sure if this is what you want but good luck - Dave :)

C

chas_m

It is certainly possible -- even easy -- to accidentally change the resolution of your camera. To fix that you'll need to prowl around the camera's UI and menus to confirm and alter if needed its current settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.