Improving my sound on my Mac

Reaction score
Hello folks, first time posting here. I bought a mac two years ago and never going back to pc!!

I need help with improving the sound of the audio. I was in the market for speakers for my computer, but a friend challenged me to look into getting a USB interface with studio grade monitors, like mackie's. This is very foreign to me,

So my question is how does that work? I have been saving alot of my music using apple lossless and run it through my I-tunes, but I want to get better sound then what I get with these speaker systems.

So if someone can break down the process of using a USB interface and then driving better speakers/monitors, please let me know.

Thanks,
Searching for the sound!!

Reaction score
I use Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks on MacBook for Live365 and music iTunes.Sounds good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What is your budget?

OP
B
Reaction score
What is your budget?

I can push the envelope here a bit, work has been good and steady, I am OK with going to about $600 plus a little but I am willing to invest more, but what I want more is good quality sound not loud sound, I have some real good recordings in 24 bit, and I know all about the arguments for and against 24 bit, but I can hear the difference,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.